The following four strategic directions have been established for CADSPPE for the 2006 to 2010 period:
To advocate for an educational model of inclusion, equity and access for all learning environments:
- Pursuing a national agenda on disability education.
- Supporting universal accessibility to educational opportunities.
- Developing alternative models of educational delivery founded on a socio-political approach as opposed a medical approach.
- To develop and gain acceptance of professional standards of practice.
- To pursue strategic partnerships and decision-making positions in order to support:
- Enhanced funding and related resourcing.
- Access to and participation in research.
- Collaboration with administrators, faculty, staff, students and other stakeholders.
- Awareness within postsecondary institutions and external partners.
- To undertake organizational capacity building initiatives related to:
- An enhanced website to improve/facilitate:
- Information sharing.
- Bilingualism in French and English.
- Professional development, access to materials and other services.
- Member contact and communications.
- Distance education supports.
- Achieving an increased regional presence and membership growth in:
- Colleges and Technical Institutions.
- Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories
- Explore the potential benefits and feasibility of a CADSPPE secretariat.
- Investigate a name change for the organization.