CUCCA Award of Service
An Award of Service will be given to CUCCA members in recognition of exemplary service and lifetime achievement in post-secondary counselling. More specifically, this award recognizes individuals who have made a significant contribution to the lives of students and to the counselling profession during their time of post-secondary counselling service.
- the individual will have at least ten years of membership in good standing with CUCCA
- the individual will have been considered by his/her department/unit to have made a significant contribution to counselling services
- this contribution can be in one, some, or all of the following areas: innovations in counselling, program development, leadership, research, teaching and/or supervision, involvement in CUCCA/CACUSS executive, or community service
- the individual will have retired, resigned, or have otherwise left his/her counselling career in a post-secondary institution
- this is a one-time, nonrenewable award
- The President will make an announcement on the availability of this award to all members through the first issue of Communiqué, following the Annual General Meeting.
- nominations will be sent to Regional Representatives, who will bring the complete information on the nominee, including two current letters of reference (of which one of the letters is from the individual’s supervisor or equivalent) to the Executive.
- The deadline for nominations is February 1st of each year.
- the selection of recipients for the Award of Service will be made by the Executive Committee in a timely manner.
- the names of the recipients will be announced at the CUCCA Annual General Meeting in June, after prior notice is given to the recipients.
- The Award of Service recipients who are selected by the CUCCA Executive for Honorary Life Membership will in turn, be forwarded to the CACUSS Board of Directors for consideration for the CACUSS Life Award.