ALL ABOUT COWTOWN
- Population: 1,239, 220 (Source: Statistics Canada, 2016 Census Profile)
- Nickname: 'Cowtown' rooted in city's western culture
- Calgary is known for the centre of Canada's oil industry, the greatest outdoor show on earth The Calgary Stampede, Alberta Beef Industry, the host of the 1988 Olympic and Parolympic Games (The first Canadian City to host the winter games)
- #4 most livable city in the world (Source: CNN Travel)
- Average June Temperature: 21 degrees C
More Than The Conference!
The Month of June
- Pride Month
- The 50TH Anniversary of the Stonewall Rebellion
- Calgary Pride
Sunday, June 16TH
- Father's Day
Friday, June 21ST
- National Indigenous People's Day
- First Day of Summer
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Social Media Connection
Look-up these hashtags to find local Calgary “isms”: #yyceats #yycnow #calgarytourism #calgaryism, etc.
Find something cool and want to share it? Tag it #CACUSS19yyc!