CACUSS Elections Voting!April 5, 2021
The voting process has started! This selection process will determine the Directors (President-Elect and Director-at-Large) to go forward for election at the AGM. Voting opened on April 1, 2021, and will remain open until April 15, 2021 22:59ET. All eligible electors (Full Individual/Institutional members)* should have received an email when voting opened with instructions and a link to the voting system.
The CACUSS Board of Directors is made up of 8 elected Directors and 1 appointed Director. Directors include a President, President-Elect, Finance Director, and 6 at-large Directors who are assigned a portfolio for their term.
In 2021 the selection/voting will take place for:
- 1 (one) President-Elect, 1 year term (+ 2 years as President)
- 1 (one) At-Large Director (2 year terms)*
The Board of Directors is responsible for:
--Advancing CACUSS mission
--Engaging in strategic planning
--Fulfilling fiduciary responsibilities
--Monitoring programs and services
--Being an advocate for the Association
--Building the staff/board partnership including assessing performance of the Executive Director
--Legal authority and responsibility for operations
--Set policy and direction in accordance with needs of members
--Examine strategy, resources and programs to ensure mission and objectives are achieved
In 2021-2022, we sought nominations from
- Persons who identify and/or have intersectional identities as Indigenous people, Black people, people of colour, LGBTQ+ people, and people with disabilities
- Work at a college, CEGEP, and/or technical institution
- Work in Quebec, the Prairies, and the Atlantic provinces
- Newer professionals are encouraged to consider involvement.
In addition, persons with intermediate to advanced knowledge in the following competencies are encouraged to put forth their nomination:
- Indigenous cultural awareness
- Equity, diversity and inclusion
- Strategic planning, research & assessment/Governance/Organizational Change
Members are invited to select the candidates to move forward to the Annual General Meeting for election by the membership. In 2021, we have 2 nominations for President-Elect (1 position) and 5 nominations for Director-at-Large (1 position). Note that two candidates for Director-at-Large whose nomination met the stated criteria and were received by the first nominations deadline will move forward as part of the slate to be elected at the AGM. The Annual General Meeting is scheduled for Thursday, May 27.
The following candidates/nominations will be included in the voting process:
President-Elect (1 position)
Dinuka Gunaratne, University of Waterloo, ON
Patty Hambler, Douglas College, BC
Director-at-Large (1 position)
Stephanie Dinsmore, Wilfred Laurier University, ON
Carmen Law, St. Thomas University, NB
Jodie Lockey-Duesling, Wilfred Laurier University, ON
Dean Martin, North Island College, BC
Derek Tannis, Saskatchewan Polytechnic, SK
Upon voting we encourage members to consider the candidate statement and the Board responsibilities/priorities in making selections.
Directors (continuing) and to be elected at the AGM include:
- Mark Solomon, Seneca College, CACUSS President (2020-2022)
- Dale Mullings, UBC Okanagan, Finance Director (2020-2022)
- Woo Kim, York University, Director-at-Large (2020-2022)
- Noah Arney, Thompson Rivers University, Director-at-Large (2021-2023)
- Dan Cantiller, Ryerson University, Director-at-Large (2021-2023)
- President-Elect as a result of this voting process (2021-2022, 2022-2024)
- Director-at-Large as a result of this voting process (2021-2023)
- One appointment to fill a vacancy (2021-2022)
- One appointment (2021-2022)
Questions about voting or the process should be directed to email@example.com
*Membership current and valid as of March 30, 2021. Student, Honorary/Life members, and Associate members are not eligible to vote.