Submitting to Communiqué
Make a submission to the CACUSS Communiqué Magazine!
News, articles, updates, opinion pieces, letters to the editor, artwork and photographs relating to college and university student services in Canada are all very welcome.
Both members and non-members of CACUSS are invited to submit content to Communiqué.
Upcoming Submission Deadlines for 2019:
Communiqué is back for a special Spring 2019 online issue! News, articles, updates, opinion pieces, and profiles relating to college and university student services in Canada are all welcome. Both members and non-members of CACUSS are invited to submit content to Communiqué.
Upcoming Submission Deadline: Sunday, March 31, 2019
Send submissions (or questions) to Mitchell Miller, the Communiqué editor, at email@example.com
Please read below for important guidelines regarding submissions to Communiqué. Before submitting your item, please ensure that all guidelines have been met.
Formatting (text submissions)
- Word document
- 1" margins all around
- Times New Roman font
- 12-point font
- 1.5 line spacing, removing line breaks before/after paragraph
- Title: centre
- All other text: left-aligned with no indent for new paragraphs
- Use title capitalization for the title and sub-headers
- Bold title and section headers
- Use Canadian spelling, eh
- Set language settings in Word to English (Canada)
- Use APA citation style for parenthetical citations and References section
Items to Include in Submission Email
- Article (in Word document)
- One-sentence biographical byline per author stating full name, position, institution, and any other relevant details.
- (If desired) The email each author can be reached at, which would be published in the article's biographical byline.
- (If desired) The twitter @username for each author, which would be published in the article's biographical byline.
- (Recommended) Relevant photos, images, charts/graphs (with sources and captions)
- Please ensure that any images are of the highest resolution possible.
- Note that photos, images, and charts/graphs will be printed in greyscale. Ensure your images are appropriate for greyscale printing and do not rely on colour in charts, etc.
- Word Count (including references)
Suggested Word Counts (includes references)
- News: 200
- Opinion/Editorial: 500-1000
- Program/Institutional Profile: 1500
- Feature Articles (incorporates research summaries): 1000-2000