Director, Student Services (Surrey Campus)
Full time, permanent role
The Director, Student Services provides operational and administrative leadership for all aspects of student services and programs at the Surrey Campus and leads major change and innovation efforts by designing and developing student-facing programs and services for use across the University. The role is responsible for the overall delivery and assessment of Surrey-based programs and services, with a focus on continuous improvement and establishes relevant policies, practices and standards in support of University strategic priorities, including the University's Academic Plan and Student Services' Strategic Plan. The Director is accountable for oversight of Surrey-based Student Services' equity and inclusion efforts and international and domestic student recruitment and retention efforts. This role reports to the Senior Director, Office of the Vice Provost, Students & International.
Preference will be given to a candidate who has demonstrated a record of excellence in ethical engagement with members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity and we actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to:
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, and all other Indigenous peoples;
- members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, religion and/or spiritual beliefs, or place of origin;
- persons with visible and/or invisible (physical and/or mental) disabilities;
- persons who identify as women; and
- persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
We respectfully acknowledge SFU’s three campuses are on unceded traditional lands of the Tsleil-Waututh (səl̓ilw̓ətaʔɬ), Kwikwetlem (kʷikʷəƛ̓əm), Squamish (Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw), Musqueam (xʷməθkʷəy̓əm), Katzie (q̓icə̓y̓), Semiahmoo, Kwantlen, Qatqayt, Tsawwassen, and Stó:lō First Nations.