Manager, Wellness & Equity Education
Full Time, Permanent
Western University delivers an academic experience second to none. Western challenges the best and brightest faculty, staff and students to commit to the highest global standards. Our research excellence expands knowledge and drives discovery with real-world application. Western attracts individuals with a broad worldview, seeking to study, influence and lead in the international community. Since 1878, The Western Experience has combined academic excellence with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social and cultural growth in order to better serve our communities.
Student Experience fosters equitable learning environments in which all students can thrive to their full potential. Through our commitment to integrating research, theory, and practice across all of the programs, resources, and supports we provide, Student Experience leads an ecosystem of people, places, and spaces that empower student thriving. Our vision is for all Mustangs to discover their personalized pathway through Western’s rich, wholistic learning environment; engage in brave conversations with our diverse community on and off campus, and develop the courage to be uncomfortable without fear of failure in order to thrive throughout their degree and after graduation.
As a key member of the Wellness & Wellbeing leadership team, the Manager of Wellness & Equity Education is responsible for leading the development of programs, and for providing operational direction and management for the Wellness & Wellbeing Education unit. The Manager will develop and introduce a comprehensive and proactive student education program that is strengths-based and evidence informed with a view to fostering a thriving campus where students explore their self and their relationships with the world around them. The role will play an important role in advancing the vision of Student Experience to foster a campus environment where more students are thriving more often. They will lead a team who are committed to transformative learning, and offer programming to educate students in the development of healthy sexuality and wellness; initiatives that promote inclusive and equitable spaces on our campus; engagement in collaborative and cutting-edge research; and resources that support individual learning outside the classroom. The Manager will work collaboratively within the context of a large, multi-stakeholder institutional environment to support the wellness needs of a diverse student population at Western University.
- Masters in Education, Social Work, or a related discipline
- Doctoral Degree is preferred
- 5 years’ experience developing and implementing education/training, preferably in a post-secondary education setting;
- Experience developing curriculum and assessing student learning;
- Experience planning and managing operating budgets
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in building a strong collaborative team and leading people
- Ability to establish effective routines for excellent communication with all members of the team to maximize productivity
- Ability to effectively present information, and conduct training sessions and workshops
- Ability to ensure confidentiality and privacy is maintained through the appropriate retention and destruction of information
- Ability to draw on diversity of skills, backgrounds and knowledge of people to achieve more effective results
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations that are clearly linked to the organization's strategy and goals
- Ability to handle details with a high degree of accuracy and to organize and prioritize a high volume of work to meet deadlines
- Ability to promote individual growth by encouraging others to learn new skills and develop themselves
- Ability to identify and respond to contentious or politically sensitive issues with discretion
- Ability to quickly re-allocate resources and adjust priorities in response to unexpected events or changing circumstances
- Ability to provide guidance to assist others in solving complex problems
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Influential interpersonal skills that build positive and strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to search within and outside the formal boundaries of the organization for innovative ways to improve work
- Project management skills to ensure team roles are clear, milestones are communicated and deadlines are met
- Ability to ensure expenditures and resources are within allotments, and to make appropriate modifications when required
- Ability to effectively drive and manage change initiatives that align with organizational strategies and/or provide opportunities to increase efficiency
Please note, successful applicants may be required to produce a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check from a police service prior to commencing employment.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Please visit https://recruit.uwo.ca and search for JOB ID: 23428 to apply.
Apply Now: https://recruit.uwo.ca/