Residence Life Coordinator
Full Time, Live-in
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
St. Francis Xavier University is a top-ranking Canadian university seeking multiple Residence Life Coordinators to join our team. The Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) is an integral part of Residence Life at St. Francis Xavier University, where you will enjoy living in a vibrant community on Nova Scotia’s beautiful East Coast. StFX is known for a highly engaged student experience. Through proactive and developmental mentorship, the RLC is ideally positioned to
create a positive impact on this significant transitional period in students’ lives. With over half of the undergraduate student population living in residence, wholistic student development and engagement are key features of the StFX residence experience.
• The RLC leads and supports positive building culture through proactive mentorship, programming, interventions, and support for the Senior Community Advisor (SCA), Community Advisors (CAs), student volunteers and residents of the building.
• Living on campus, the RLC is highly engaged in their community, and directly responsible for the residence experience and the culture of their assigned building by supporting student transition, wellness, personal development, safety, security, and community building.
• Promoting a living and learning residence environment that is conducive to student’s academic success,
personal growth, and social development.
• Supervising student staff & student volunteers (includes hiring, training, and evaluating).
• Addressing behavioral concerns and complaints/participating in the student conduct process.
• Participate in a 24/7 emergency on-call rotation split evenly between 7 RLCs throughout the academic year.
• Present in buildings during specified busy periods to provide additional mentoring and support for student leaders and residents.
• Have a minimum bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of residence living experience or related
community living experience.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of approachability and empathy.
• Excellent intercultural communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work positively in diverse communities.
• Understanding the importance of community engagement and accountability.
• Have valid certification in Emergency First Aid Training with CPR/AED Level C or higher for the duration of the contract.
• Mental Health First Aid training and experiencing addressing mental health crisis’ considered an asset.
• Must obtain an up-to-date criminal record check.
• Demonstrated leadership, mentorship and coaching skills.
• Excellent communication and good judgement under pressure.
This position is in salary Band C ($44,831 – 54,762) and includes subsidization of a furnished residential suite that provides a private kitchen, bath, 1 bedroom, living space, access to free laundry, parking and a meal plan. The successful candidate will be required to live on campus and must be able to work flexible hours in office, on-call and in-residence communities. Please reach out to our HR Department (email listed below) for a more in- depth job description and further details on benefits.
Deadline for applications is May 15, 2022, at 1:00 p.m.
To express interest in this role, please direct your application in confidence to: Human Resources, St. Francis Xavier University Email: email@example.com
St. Francis Xavier University is located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People.
Our institution is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including Indigenous persons (especially Mi’kmaq), racialized persons (especially African Nova Scotians), persons with disabilities, those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+ and any others who would contribute to the diversity of our community. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We are also committed to the elimination of barriers to participation for persons with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902- 867-5038.