Director, Campus Services
Management (Administrative Group)
Location: Newnham Campus - Toronto, ON
Deadline: May 28, 2017
Posted: May 19, 2017
Seneca is on an exciting journey of constant evolution, building a different kind of school with a different kind of graduate. As Director, Campus Services, you will help deliver Seneca’s advanced learning environment through the delivery of end-to-end services and management of ancillary operations. This position leads the short and long term planning and delivery for all aspects of campus dining, student housing, parking and on-campus health services. We’re a large diverse college and we are looking for a strong collaborative leader with a vision and the ability to make positive change. Seneca will grow with you!
• Provides leadership and direction to the student residence, parking, dining, shuttle bus services, bookstore and other retail outlets, print shop, student card, shipping-receiving, campus mail, and switchboard operations through working with external service providers and/or managing internal teams.
• Sets and ensures revenue and contribution targets are achieved.
• Develops college services marketing strategies and sales campaigns aimed at growth.
• Develops comprehensive business plans for new initiatives including expansion of services.
• Continuously explores new service opportunities for students and revenue opportunities for Seneca. Develops business plans, obtains approval and ensures effective implementation.
• Provides leadership, management, direction, guidance, and mentoring to staff within her/his sphere of influence.
• Ensures a high level of accountability and drive to anticipate, initiate, exceed and deliver, via effective communication, recruitment, training, behaviour modelling and continual assessment.
• Develops Campus Services capital and operational budgets and ensures responsible disbursement.
• Demonstrated competencies attained through a university degree. Masters Degree in Business Administration is an advantage.
• Minimum of 9 years experience managing large and complex business operations and managing vendors.
• Excellent collaboration, communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
• Supervisory experience combined with the ability to effectively lead, manage, supervise, train and motivate staff within a diverse and unionized environment.
Prepare a covering letter and resume (as one document) with Competition 17A-1027 in the file name addressed to Talent Acquisition. Applications are accepted online at www.senecacollege.ca/careers
Develop your career in ways that aren’t possible elsewhere. There are no pigeon holes here. We fully embrace the dreams, creativity and diversity of our employees. Touch a process from end to end. Put your ideas into action. Help make us better. Seneca College is committed to diversity and encourages applications from qualified candidates, especially aboriginal persons, members of sexual minority groups, visible minorities, women and persons will disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.