Executive Director, Undergraduate Programs & Student Services
Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC
Deadline: October 31, 2020
Posted: September 28, 2020
About Simon Fraser University
In the place where innovative education, cutting-edge research and community outreach intersect, you'll find Simon Fraser University. Our vision? To be Canada's leading engaged university.
Born in 1965, SFU has become Canada's leading comprehensive university with vibrant campuses in British Columbia's largest municipalities — Vancouver, Burnaby and Surrey — and deep roots in partner communities throughout the province and around the world. With 30,000 students, 6,500 faculty and staff, and more than 160,000 alumni, SFU has matured into one of the world’s leading teaching and research universities, ranked in the Times Higher Education list of 100 world universities under 50, SFU is also the first Canadian member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, the world’s largest college sports association.
About the Beedie School of Business
Since the creation of Canada’s first Executive MBA in 1968, Simon Fraser University’s Beedie School of Business has emerged as a dynamic teaching and learning setting with a reputation for producing world-class research and exceptional educational programs. Double accredited, SFU Beedie sits within the less than 1% of business schools globally to possess both EQUIS and AACSB accreditations and is consistently ranked among the Top 100 business schools worldwide for research. Our school is committed to our vision and values, which support our mission to "develop innovative and socially responsible business leaders with a global perspective through education, inspired by research and grounded in practice".
Our Undergraduate Programs include the BBA degree programs, minor program, and certificates, and offer customizable combinations within business across 9 concentrations, as well as interdisciplinary opportunities with other Faculties. With over 4,300 students, the Undergraduate Programs are supported by a robust and engaged internal and external network of faculty, staff, alumni, students, mentors, and industry and community partners to deliver an exceptional student experience.
Title: Executive Director, Undergraduate Programs & Student Success
Supervisor: Associate Dean, Undergraduate Programs
Category: Administrative & Professional Staff (APSA)
Working Hours: Full Time
Salary range: $95,904 To $114,526
Start date: asap
End date: January 28, 2022
Nature and Scope
The Executive Director, Undergraduate Programs and Student Services operationalizes the vision and mission for Beedie School of Business' Undergraduate Programs. The position provides strategic direction and oversight to units supporting Undergraduate Programs and Services, inside and outside of the Beedie School of Business. The position leads change management and drives the creation, development and maintenance of high-performance units and strategic partnerships to advance the goals of the University, Faculty, and Undergraduate Programs. The Executive Director oversees the conceptualization, development, delivery, and assessment of the unit's programs and services at all campuses and sets standards in support of University and Faculty-level strategic priorities, including strategic enrollment management goals. The Executive Director provides leadership on the strategic priorities and plans, which support the achievement of institutional student enrollment, satisfaction, and completion targets that account for a $40-60m revenue stream and influence University and Program rankings.
• Key responsibilities include:
• The Executive Director works in consultation with the Dean and senior leaders in the areas of strategic planning, curriculum, resource management, operations, policy, and change management
• Provides strategic direction and leadership to Beedie Undergraduate Programs and Student Services units, along with oversight to various internal- and external-facing units within and outside of the Beedie School.
• Ensures the achievement of institutional student enrollment, satisfaction, and completion targets that account for a $40- 60m revenue stream and influence University and Program rankings
• Manages the operating and revenue-generating budgets for Faculty’s Undergraduate Programs and Student Services and determines financial metrics in consultation with the Dean, Financial Director, and Associate Dean
• Develops, implements, and manages a broad and integrated communication plan.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Master's degree in Business/Commerce, Education, or related field, and five years of related senior level management experience that includes experience in post-secondary strategic enrollment management, student services, and administration of a program at the post-secondary level, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Excellent knowledge of the post-secondary environment, as well as university governance, policies, procedures, and protocols.
• Excellent knowledge of the developmental, learning and transition needs of university students as well as the Strategic Enrollment Management literature.
• Good knowledge of the design and delivery of academic and experiential programs.
• Knowledge of, and sensitivity to, diversity, gender, race, ethnicity, aboriginal, sexual identity and socio-economic issues; knowledge of the needs of a diverse student body, including the needs of students with disabilities and multi-faith communities.
• Excellent leadership, team building, coaching, and mentoring skills.
• Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders.
• Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent financial management, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to set clear goals, and to empower and engage staff and other stakeholders.
• Ability to develop and implement short and long term strategic plans.
• Ability to interpret and implement complex policies and regulations, and a commitment to fair and transparent processes.
• Proficient in the evaluation and implementation of enterprise-level student information technologies, including constituent relationship management (CRM) systems, and the ability to create and modify effective business objectives, processes and functions that support the integration of student services within a Faculty and/or outside.
• Ability to develop strategic plans and work effectively in a fast-paced environment, exercising mature judgment and a high level of diplomacy, discretion, and professionalism.
• Ability to develop relationships and partnerships and to work collaboratively at all levels and areas within and outside the organization.
• Ability to establish procedures and processes to improve communication, productivity, engagement and service for program delivery.
• Ability to arrange suitable transportation to various work locations.
Simon Fraser University is committed to the principle of equity in employment and offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants.
To apply, please apply through the SFU Careers website by submitting your resume and cover letter. The first round of shortlisting will occur the first week of October. Only those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now: https://www.sfu.ca/human-resources/prospective-employees.html