Director, Student Experience – Service & Connections
Permanent FT Management & non-union Professionals
Institution: Centennial College
Centennial College Progress Campus (941 Progress Avenue, Toronto)
Deadline: September 30, 2021
Posted: September 9, 2021
Director, Student Experience – Service & Connections
Scarborough, Ontario – Progress Campus
Reference # MG-15085
Over the past 50 years, Centennial College has transformed itself from a local community college to a worldly institution, with a presence in countries like China, India, South Korea, Philippines and Vietnam. Their focus has always been on preparing graduates to enter the work force, while teaching their students to be leaders. They have worked to build lasting partnerships with local communities, while preparing their graduates to succeed globally.
Locally, Centennial College continues to offer industry-recognized full- and part-time programs at five Toronto campuses. Whether in classrooms, labs or in the community, Centennial students experience the real world before they even graduate. They're job-ready, and that's a fact that employers acknowledge, as more than 94 per cent of those hiring Centennial grads are satisfied or very satisfied with their hires.
Now, on behalf of Centennial College, we are recruiting the Director, Student Experience – Service & Connections to join their growing organization. Reporting to the Registrar, the Director, Student Experience – Service & Connections is tasked with achieving optimal levels of service excellence and delivering on what is promised in support of students, academic partners, and the community at large. A member of the senior leadership team in Enrolment Services (ES) within the division of Student Experience and Success (SES), the Director is accountable for leadership in support of the College’s strategic vision and goals, will enhance the student experience through focused student (client) service centres/counters offering in person, telephone and virtual connection, creation, implementation and management of a robust college-inclusive contact centre, and the creation and implementation of a strategic student-centric student communications office. Centennial College will accommodate a flexible working arrangement for this position. A weekly combination of work-from-home and on-campus work can be discussed for this role.
Responsibilities will also include:
• Overseeing the development and implementation of a comprehensive communication strategy for the Student Experience and Success division that supports both Divisional and College objectives related to internal and external communication forms throughout learners’ educational journeys.
• Working closely with the Manager of Student Success Communications and in partnership with the admissions, advising, and communication departments to ensure all student-related communication campaigns and materials are produced to exacting standards and are intentionally relational, relevant, accessible, and engaging to the target audience.
• Assessing existing, new, and emerging technology and tools and communication and social media platforms to determine which platforms should be adopted into the divisional communications strategy and how the effectiveness of these platforms will be measured.
• Formulating and executing appropriate strategies, tactics, and operational initiatives to continuously support and enhance learner success and satisfaction through the campus Service Hub and the College Contact Centre, both in person and virtually.
• Being accountable for providing integrated business information and customer service activities and processes, virtually, in person, and on the phone, including applicant admission requirements, registration regulations and program options at all campuses.
• Overseeing the Division’s complaint policies and process, the collation of data, the production of an annual report and analysis, and the drafting and implementation of new complaint management practices and systems.
• Based on feedback, benchmarking practices and industry analysis, identifies opportunities to simplify and streamline processes, evaluates, and addresses service gaps and makes changes to policies and business services to ensure alignment with best-in-class practises.
Ideal candidate skills & experience:
• 4-year degree in communications, business administration, education or related fields or equivalent education, skills, and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
• Courses or training in project and change management and/or Contact Centre or CRM preferred
• Seven (7) years relevant experience, including progressive responsibilities and accountabilities, preferably in a post-secondary institution, with strategic planning, resource management and leadership experience
• Experienced and comfortable with the application of cutting-edge approaches in the development and execution of communication and customer service strategies
• Experience with strategic planning, project management, including work process reviews
• Track record of developing, delivering, and evaluating new initiatives, particularly with a strong client focus and customer service orientation
• Experience in researching/identifying/analyzing issues, with the demonstrated ability to recommend resolution/changes to policies and procedures
• Experience managing in a unionized environment, demonstrated success in coaching, development, and overall leadership of designated teams
• Ability to build positive and productive relationships with diverse groups of people; a drive for results combined with an appreciation for organizational structures and process; thrives in a collaborative and challenging environment.
If you are intrigued and invigorated by the details of this opportunity to bring your experience to a key role with Centennial College, we would love to have a conversation.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Mark Gillis, Senior Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Mark know.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice, and equity. We live this through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons
We also recognize that Centennial is situated on the Treaty Lands of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and pay tribute to their legacy as well as that of all First Peoples that have been and remain present here in Toronto. We recognize that First Peoples come from sovereign Nations and that part of understanding our responsibilities of residing on this territory are understanding the true history, circumstances and legacy of the Treaties signed here (such as the Toronto Purchase, Robinson-Huron Treaty and Williams Treaties) and including pre-contact Treaties and Agreements between sovereign Nations and that all peoples in this area are therefore Treaty people with obligations and responsibilities to all our relations.
Apply Now: https://meridiarecruitment.ca/Career/15085