Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) Admissions Coordinator
Institution: Renison University College, affiliated with the University of Waterloo
Deadline: July 10, 2022
Posted: June 20, 2022
Renison University College, affiliated with the University of Waterloo, acknowledges that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. Renison is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on either side of the Grand River.
Renison invites applications for the full-time, ongoing position of Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) Admissions Coordinator (grade 14, starting range $52,000.00 - $65,000.00).
Respected as an inclusive community that values the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students, Renison is committed to engaged education for the well-being of the world, offering degree programs reflecting social engagement through the School of Social Work, and the Social Development Studies Department; global engagement through our Culture and Language Studies Department and community engagement in our non-degree programs, including the English Language Institute, through the Centre for Continuing and Professional Education. More information about the College is available on the Renison website: https://uwaterloo.ca/renison .
The BSW Admissions Coordinator reports to the Administration & Student Services Manager, School of Social Work and administratively supports the School of Social Work to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of the BSW admissions process.
• Undergraduate degree or combined experience will be considered
• 2-3 years of administrative experience in a post- secondary role, preferably related to academic program admissions
• 2-3 years office experience, preferably in a university academic program setting
• knowledge and understanding of university policies and practices with respect to admissions is preferred
• knowledge of/experience with using student records systems
• strong analytical abilities, with a strong attention to detail
• exceptional oral and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, and customer service abilities
• ability to work independently without supervision, manage multiple priorities and consistently meet deadlines
• ability to manage confidential information appropriately
• ability to navigate complex situations and provide solutions
• demonstrated interest and commitment to working with students
• intermediate computer skills using MS Office Suite
Upload your application package (including, at minimum, a resume and three references) to Interfolio: https://apply.interfolio.com/108594 . The application deadline is 11:59 pm EST, July 10, 2022
Renison University College respects, appreciates, and actively encourages diversity. As part of Renison’s commitment to equity within the College, we welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals with diverse experiences based on race, ethnic origin, religion, age, colour, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability or disability, including women, 2SLGBTQ+, Indigenous Peoples, and other visible minorities. While all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Renison is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in all parts of the hiring process. Please contact a member of Renison’s Human Resources department with accommodation requests. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
References will be contacted at a later stage in the process as needed. The successful candidate will be asked for consent to have an educational and criminal records verification completed, as needed. The criminal records verification indicates the existence of adult criminal convictions, for which a record suspension has not been granted, within the RCMP National Repository of Criminal Records.
A full job description is available here: https://uwaterloo.ca/renison/sites/ca.renison/files/uploads/files/2022-06-17-jd_bsw_admissisions_coordinator_22.pdf