Student Success Advisor
Institution: Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
Deadline: October 14, 2022
Posted: September 22, 2022
The Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC), established in 1945, is recognized internationally for excellence in chiropractic education, research and patient care.
Vision: Our vision is to be an academic institution recognized for creating leaders in spinal health.
Mission: Our mission is to deliver world class chiropractic education, research and patient care.
Our employees have a commitment and dedication to the advancement of health care. We continue to seek talented individuals who make a positive difference in living our vision and mission.
Position: Student Success Advisor
Reports to: Director, Student Affairs
Start Date: ASAP
Job Posting Date: September 22, 2022
Application Deadline: October 14, 2022
Application Requirement: Interested external applicants to upload a covering letter stating salary expectations and CV via Career Connector at https://careers.cmcc.ca/.
The Student Success Advisor acts as the first point of contact for advising students in all matters related to the student experience. They will plan, organize and implement student campus health initiatives, identify new initiatives to support student engagement and success, and work with the Registrar, Directors of Education and Student Success Counsellor to develop program proposals, implementation and assessment plans. In addition, they will provide support for Student’s Council initiatives and Health Plan as well as act as Co-Chair of the Campus Health Committee.
• Counsels and advises students on academic policy issues, complaints processes, registration options, deferrals, leaves of absence, academic appeals and petitions, re-reads, and graduation requirements.
• Collaborates with the Directors of Education and Student Success Counsellor on advising plans for students at-risk and monitors their academic performance.
• Ensures students understand associated policies and procedures and assists in identifying external supports/resources if required.
• Creates and facilitates student workshops.
• Partners with the Student Success Counsellor to identify and promote campus health themes through workshops and/or outreach campaigns.
• Provides confidential support and services to students.
• Provides individual case management and monitors accommodation needs of students.
• Makes recommendations in the continued development of student academic policies and procedures, including students’ rights and responsibilities. Collaborates with the Director, Student Affairs and Registrar to ensure the consistent implementation of student academic policy.
• Maintains records and creates reports of student advising appointments.
• Participates in meetings and actively contributes to the success of the Student Services Team and CMCC community through various new initiatives.
• Participates in the planning and execution of all Student Services events.
• Acts as the main point of contact for the Student Health Plan. Collaborates with Students’ Council to manage good relations with Student Health Care Plans.
• Plans annual New Student Orientation Week and partners with the Admissions Officer to develop hosting events for prospective students.
• Performs other duties as required.
• A Master’s Degree in Health Promotion, Education, Leadership (or related field) or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
-Skills & Knowledge
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the role of advising in a post-secondary setting
• Demonstrated knowledge of student learning development theories, approaches and best practices
• Demonstrated experience working with and supporting a diverse student population
• Ability to positively relate to post-secondary students and employees
• Demonstrated listening, coaching, and facilitation skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
• Displays strong organizational ability with close attention to details
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Advanced proficiency with Word, Excel and Outlook plus skilled in research and data analysis
• Ability to work occasional weekends as needed
• Models professional attributes and the core values of CMCC, Communication, Accountability, Respect & Excellence
Internal applicants are required to inform their Division Director of their intentions to apply, prior to doing so. .
We thank all candidates in advance, but only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements of the job posting will be contacted.
Successful applicants shall be required to provide original transcripts to validate their academic qualifications as a condition of employment at CMCC.
Effective September 7, 2021, all CMCC students, employees and visitors who wish to enter the campus building or one of the CMCC-operated clinics are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 infection or have negative results from weekly COVID-19 testing, as per CMCC’s COVID-19 Vaccination (Interim) Policy, available at
In our commitment to promote fair and equitable treatment of all employees and applicants, CMCC provides equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of age, sex, disability, race, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sexual orientation, marital status or any other ground as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code.
CMCC’s implementation and support of employment initiatives encourage diversified labour force participation and equal access to opportunities based on merit and performance.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and CMCC Accessibility Policy, accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request for all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance. Please contact Human Resources at 416-482-2340.