Senior Director, Community Engagement and Social Impact
Office of Community Engagement
Institution: CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY
Deadline: December 12, 2022
Posted: November 18, 2022
NOTE: This posting represents a five (5) year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Provost and Vice-President, Academic and a member of the Provost’s senior team, the incumbent provides strategic leadership at an institutional level to further cross-institutional, impact-focused efforts. They oversee the Office of Community Engagement (OCE) and the SHIFT Centre for Social Transformation, ensuring the pursuit of community engagement and social impact perspectives and opportunities that are integrated with and enhance the university’s core teaching and research activities.
• Provide strategic leadership at an institutional level by overseeing and championing Concordia’s major community engagement and social impact initiatives. Serve as a visible and dedicated University resource to advance community engagement and social impact by serving on relevant internal committees and working groups and representing the University externally on these matters.
• Supervise and provide effective leadership and coaching for senior staff.
• Ensure coherence and integration of planning, development, and partnership management functions as well as effective evaluation tools and measures.
• Oversee an effective and harmonized communications strategy including web presence, social media, and public engagements.
•Work with academic leadership to enhance and increase community engagement and social impact opportunities within the University’s core teaching and research activities; review and identify priority areas of focus in collaboration with the Provost and the Provost’s executive team, and Faculties and departments.
• Work collaboratively with the Office of Indigenous Directions, the Equity Office and the Black Perspectives Office as well as the office of the Vice-Provost Innovation in Teaching and Learning and the office of the Vice-Provost Experiential Leaning on opportunities for students and faculty engagement activities.
• Work collaboratively with the Office of the Vice-President Research and Graduate Studies on supporting sustainable connections between the communities and university researchers.
• Ensure coordination of institutional responses to relevant surveys required or conducted by government or other non-governmental bodies.
• Explicitly position Concordia University as a leader, at the national, provincial and municipal level in community engagement and social impact.
• Advise and accompany decision-making processes for the Provost on strategic opportunities including major projects, the hosting of large-scale events (conferences, symposia, gatherings, challenges) and classification or designation processes.
• Provide strategic leadership on special projects or initiatives determined by the Provost.
•Liaise with University Advancement, Faculty Deans and the Office of Research, in the identification and stewardship of donors and in the development of teaching or research related proposals to support the University’s community engagement and social impact priorities.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and over ten years of experience in a related field.
• Very good knowledge (Level 5) of written and spoken English; good knowledge (Level 4) of written and spoken French.
• Familiarity with the university environment and the community sector.
• Demonstrated engagement with initiatives to drive social impact and systems-change within the Canadian post-secondary sector.
• Demonstrated ability to lead diversely composed teams through complex projects and processes.
• Demonstrated anti-racist and anti-oppressive practices.
• Demonstrated experience in positions requiring sound judgment, discretion, and diplomacy.
• Experience leading high-performing professional staff.
• Superior interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work collegially with internal staff and external partners.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY WEBSITE WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSTING AT :
Due to the volume of applications, only selected candidates will be contacted by our Talent Team.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.