CACUSS Nominations & Elections 2018January 25, 2018
This is a call for nominations for elected positions on the CACUSS Board of Directors. The nomination period is January 24 to February 20, 2018. If an election is required, it will take place March 5-March 23, 2018. All elected Directors are confirmed at the Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 in Charlottetown, PEI.
Candidates for directors must have a current membership in CACUSS (student, life/honourary, associate, and corporate members are not eligible to hold office). Membership must be current for the duration of their term.
Note: There are also applications open for several CACUSS committees. Information can be found here.
The Finance Director and 2 Directors at Large are for a 2 year term (June 2018-June 2020). Director terms may be renewed.
Responsibilities of Directors:
- It is expected that Directors of CACUSS will fully comply with all policies, bylaws, fundamental documents and statutes that apply to the corporation.
- Directors will exercise their duty of knowledge, care, and loyalty to the management of CACUSS and will act in the best interest of the corporation in their decision making and application of fiduciary duty.
- Support from your institution and direct supervisor (if applicable)
- Attendance at all board meetings. The Board of Directors meets every 4-6 weeks via teleconference and twice per year in person. In June at the annual conference and in the fall (October/November).
- Time to adequately prepare for meetings (reading materials in advance, participation in working groups etc). Time commitment is approximately 4-6 hours per month.
- Participation in Board Orientation TBA,
- Attendance at the Board meeting in Charlottetown PE is recommended (Saturday, June 16 –remote participation may be arranged) and attendance at the 2018 Annual General Meeting (June 20)
Nominations are open for the following positions:
- Responsible for chairing the Finance Committee, assisting with development of annual association budget. Serves as an officer of the association with signing authority. The Finance Director also sits on the CACUSS Executive which meets monthly.
Director at Large
- Each director at large will serve on the Board of Directors and will be assigned a portfolio that relates to the strategic goals of CACUSS. In most cases, Directors at large will be asked to chair or lead committees or working groups related to specific strategic objectives. Directors at large serve a 2 year term.
*Ensure you indicate which position you are being nominated for and for what term.
Aboriginal members, bilingual members, and members representing Community Colleges are encouraged to run for leadership positions within the organization.
How to Nominate:
- Nominations for the above position will be submitted by a full member of the association.
- There should be a nominator and a seconder for each nominee.
- Nomination applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 20. Click Here for the Nomination Form.
- Questions regarding nominations or Director roles should be directed to the Nominations Chair listed below via email..
- The person being nominated must be a full member of CACUSS.
CACUSS Nominations Chair:
Tim Rahilly, President-Elect
Simon Fraser University
Nomination deadline: February 20, 2018, 4:00pm PT