Special Event Registration Bursaries
CACUSS New Professionals Institute
The CACUSS New Professionals Institute is designed to provide professionals with the opportunity to develop their knowledge and understanding of Student Affairs and Services on Canadian post-secondary campuses. While designed with new professionals in mind, the New Professionals Institute is open to all professionals including those new to the profession, those with new or changing responsibilities, and academics or seasoned professionals looking to expand their understanding of core issues, competencies, and context of the Student Affairs and Services profession. The Institute is run by CACUSS and facilitated by experienced Student Affairs and Services professionals from colleges and universities across Canada.
CACUSS NPI Bursary
The purpose of the CACUSS New Professionals Institute is to provide professionals with the opportunity to develop their knowledge and understanding of Student Affairs and Services on Canadian post-secondary campuses. CACUSS would annually award financial sponsorship to selected professionals to support their participation in the CACUSS New Professionals Institute.
- A member of a Canadian post-secondary institution
- A member in good standing of CACUSS
- Current members of the CACUSS Board or Executive are not eligible to apply.
Who Should Apply?
- Those who identify as a professional new to the field of Student Affairs and Services.
- Those pursuing graduate studies in the field of Student Affairs and Services.
- Those who have expertise in a specific unit within Student Affairs and Services e.g., housing, health, counselling, etc., and are seeking to expand their understanding of core issues, competencies, and context of the broader Student Affairs and Services profession.
- Those entering a substantially new area of responsibility within student services.
- Academics or seasoned professionals looking to expand their understanding of core issues, competencies, and context of the Student Affairs and Services profession.
- Course Materials
- Accommodation in a single room
- Meals and nutrition breaks during the Institute
Bursary recipients and/or their institution(s) will be responsible for travel and all expenses incurred as a result of travel to the NPI (e.g., meals, expenses, parking, etc.).
- Director-at-Large, Professional Development of the CACUSS Board (Chair)
- Previous NPI Participants (1 NPI graduate & 1 previous bursary winner)
- Manager, Professional Development and Member Engagement (ex-officio, non-voting)
Application Deadline: Friday, September 13, 2019
- By September 13, 2019: Applicants must complete a Bursary Application Form available from the CACUSS Secretariat or CACUSS website. The completed application form should be submitted to the Manager of Professional Development and Member Engagement by the application deadline date.
- September 17, 2019: The Manager or Professional Development and Member Engagement will distribute all eligible applications to the members of the CACUSS NPI Bursary Committee for consideration.
- Between September 19 - September 27, 2019: Successful application/s will be determined using the following criteria:
- Suitability of applicants based on their application forms. Specifically, the committee will be looking for articulation of professional goals and how the NPI can support applicants in meeting those goals.
- Consideration will be given to members who fit some or all of the following criteria:
- Those who demonstrate financial need, such as those from institutions or departments with limited professional development budgets who would normally be unable to travel to professional development due to travel, geographical, or other budgetary constraints.
- Those from underrepresented regions or institutions that have lower participation rates in CACUSS, including but not limited to Quebec and/or francophone institutions, northern or other geographically isolated institutions, and community colleges.
- October 1, 2019: All applicants will be informed of the selection outcome by mail or e-mail prior to registration closing.
- After October 1, 2019: The Director-at-Large, Professional Development will report on the results of the selection process at the next CACUSS Board Meeting.
For questions about the New Professionals Institute or bursary, contact Megan, Manager of Professional Development and Member Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NPI Bursary Application Form (Google Doc - if you require another format, please contact Megan at email@example.com)