Session 2. Training and Development
Monday, November 30, 2020
1:00pm-3:30pmET (2.5 hours with break)
In this workshop, participants will have the opportunity to review current literature surrounding a strengths-based approach to training and development. Following an in-depth discussion on the current literature and its applicability to higher education, participants will explore the both CliftonStrengths® and the CACUSS Competencies, and participate in a reflective activity to explore how the tools can be paired together through both a personal and professional journey lens. Participants will take away ideas and strengths-based strategies that can be meaningfully and manageably integrated into professional development experiences.
- Identifying the characteristics of strengths-based education as it applies to higher education environments;
- Listing strengths-based strategies and tools that can enhance professional development experiences;
- Explaining how strengths-based principles can be applied to meaningful training and development opportunities;
- Using the CliftonStrengths® tool and CACUSS Competencies to explore the design of impactful professional development.
- 2-3 staff-- 10% off (use the code Strengths10 at checkout)
- More than 3—20% off (use the code Strengths20 at checkout)