CACUSS is pleased to offer the third annual CACUSS New Professionals Institute (NPI), designed for those working in Students Affairs and Services at Canadian post secondary institutions. While designed with new professionals in mind, the New Professionals Institute is open to all professionals including those new to the profession, those with new or changing responsibilities, and academics or seasoned professionals looking to expand their understanding of core issues, competencies, and context of the student affairs and services profession.
The curriculum for the New Professionals Institute is designed using the CACUSS Student Affairs and Services Competencies. Participants can expect to develop core competencies in each of the eleven competency areas.
Date: November 3rd - 7th, 2019
Location: Marriott Springhill Suites Old Montreal, 445 St-Jean-Baptiste Street, Montreal, Quebec
- Keynotes, panel discussions, workshops, and experiential opportunities covering a broad range of topics and competencies from the CACUSS Student Affairs and Services Competencies.
- Opportunities to network with fellow new professionals, experienced colleagues, and Senior Student Affairs Officers.
- A capstone project, which allows for participants to put new knowledge and skills to use.
- Exciting social opportunities to build a network of colleagues from across the country.
- Access to an online community for ongoing sharing, support, and networking.
- Discounts on future new professional PD offerings!
Registration includes all course materials, 4 nights accommodations (single occupancy), breakfast, lunch, nutrition breaks, dinner on two days, and networking activities. Participants are responsible for travel to Montreal, parking, and two meals.
Early Bird registration (register before Friday, August 30, 2019):
CACUSS Members: $2249 + tax
Non-Members: $2449 + tax
Regular registration (August 31 - October 4, 2019):
CACUSS Members: $2399 + tax
Non-Members: $2599 + tax
If you are interested in sharing a room with a colleague, please contact Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to October 4, 2019 to arrange a discount for double occupancy.
Cancellation Policy: Event cancellations must be received in writing (via email to email@example.com) no later than Friday, October 18, 2019. No refunds will be issued if the request is received after Friday, October 18, 2019. Cancellations received prior to Friday, October 18, 2019 will receive a refund minus a $75 administration fee. Your event registration can be transferred to another delegate. Transfer requests must be received in writing (via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org). Transfers are subject to a $20 administration fee.